Simon Kahl is the General Manager and Credit License Holder for The Loan Company. Simon has over 20 years of knowledge and experience within the Finance Industry, previously working as the managing partner of a national award winning Mortgage Broking business. He has also won numerous awards throughout his career, including being recognised as the third top performing broker in Australia in 2005. Under Simon's guidance the Loan Company has been recognised as one of the top performing businesses in the Mortgage Broking Industry for the last 4 years. The Loan Company also recently won an award for Achievement in Innovation in Technology for their software platform for PLAN (Professional Lenders Association Network of Australia).
Simon has worked in property finance both locally and overseas, having written over $650 million in business ranging from first home buyers building their first home to property developers building multi-level commercial offices. Using his extensive skill set Simon's goal is to continue to set new benchmarks within the Mortgage Broking industry, by continuing to focus on professionalism, customer satisfaction and client retention. Simon is a big believer of the "client for life" philosophy.
Simon has the following qualifications and awards:
- Director/Licensee Harrisdale Pty Ltd t/as The Loan Company
- Responsible Manager (Australian Credit Licence number 386355)
- MFAA Approved Broker
- Certificate IV Finance and Mortgage Broking FNS40804
- Diploma of Financial Services (Finance/Mortgage Broking Management)
- PLAN Australia Member – Professional Lenders Association Network of Australia
- Member of Credit & Investments Ombudsman (CIO)
- 2011 – Finalist for 'Business of the Year' for PLAN Australia
- 2008 – CEO Rising Star Award for WA
- 2005 – 3rd Place Mortgage Professional Australia (MPA) Top 100 Brokers Award
- $600 million in Settled Loans
The Loan Company awards:
- 2016 – Winner PLAN Australia Business of the Year (>10 Loan Consultants) 2016
- 2016 – Winner PLAN Australia Achievement in Innovation Technology 2016
- 2015 – Winner of AFG 'Excellence Award'
- 2015 – Winner of The Advisers 'Editor's Choice Award'
- 2014 – Winner of AFG 'Excellence Award'
- 2013 – Winner of AFG 'Excellence Award'
Outside of work
- Passionate and loyal supporter of the West Coast Eagles
- Drinks a strong cappuccino as his choice of coffee each morning
- Enjoys hanging out with his family and playing with his two young children on the weekend
- Is a keen basketball player and loves both Australian (NBL) and American (NBA) basketball
- Is part of the 5am club (early riser!)